Why James Hardie Chicago Siding?
As one of the most popular siding brands for residential and commercial properties, Hardie Board Chicago siding has been used on nearly 6 million homes across the US. It offers durability, beauty and strength while protecting houses and commercial properties in every type of climate. Fabricated from fiber cement, Hardiboard siding is manufactured to offer specific performance attributes directly relative to climate.
In fact, the siding is manufactured in a variety of textures and appearances, and sold with an extensive warranty, guaranteed to last for decades. Often referred to as Hardiplank siding, this amazing billing material is versatile for nearly any exterior structure application.
The Benefits of Hardie Fiber Cement
There are significant benefits of James Hardie Chicago siding because of the material used in the manufacturing process. Its fiber cement siding offers the property owner years of low maintenance, and aesthetically pleasing appearance, and a product that can last a lifetime. Other benefits include:
- Non-Combustible Materials – James Hardi siding is made out of fiber cement materials, meaning it cannot melt or be damaged with exposure to heat.
- Durability – Because the durability of the fiber cement material is so strong, it last for decades without running or creating cracks.
- A Variety of Colors – The siding is offered in a variety of colors to meet the needs of every architectural specification, when building a remodeling a home or commercial property.
- Instant Curb Appeal – James Hardy is manufactured in a variety of aesthetically pleasing styles and designs. It can create instant curb appeal through a flat finish, or realistic deep wood grain pattern.
Hardie’s ColorPlus Technology
The intense color of James Hardie siding offers the ultimate in performance. The company’s proprietary process creates a durable siding product because of its multiple consistent coats of paint to meet the demands of climate conditions on the structure’s exterior. This consistent finish provides long-lasting properties that are designed to last up to two times as long as traditional painting.
The coating is baked-on to offer optimal durability and long lasting resistance to prolonged exposure of on contact moisture or freezing in harsh climates. This technology provides color matching and color accuracy, fade resistance, consistent paint application and finish longevity.
Comparing Hardiboard Siding to Other Exterior Wall Claddings
Hardie products are offered in a variety of aesthetic appearances that offer significant benefits over traditional siding materials. Each siding material for comparison purposes include:
• Vinyl Siding – Vinyl siding replaced aluminum siding decades ago. Today, vinyl siding is manufactured from petroleum products, creating a plastic exterior to the home or commercial property. It is known to easily warp, and when exposed to excessive heat easily melts. Alternatively, fiber cement board by James Hardie is fire retardant. While the colors of vinyl siding are susceptible to fading within years, and impossible to repaint, fiber cement is designed to last up to 100 years with a required repainting every three decades.
• Wood Siding – Like all wood products, wood siding is susceptible to moisture and can easily rot or decay over time. Colors on wood siding tend to fade quickly, requiring repainting every 5 to 10 years. Alternatively, fiber cement siding is manufactured to have a real wood appearance without all of the maintenance or problems of wood. It is extended paint cycle (every 25 to 30 years) can save the property owner thousands of dollars over time, and ongoing maintenance costs.
• Stucco – Even high-quality stucco products only work well in extremely dry climates such as those found in New Mexico and Arizona. Everywhere else, stucco easily breaks and cracks due to the intense fluctuation of seasonal climate and excessive moisture in the air. Alternatively, James Hardie siding is manufactured specifically to handle intense climactic change, while providing a durable product that holds up well for decades.
Choosing the Right Siding Contractor
Proper Installation. There are significant benefits of Hardie Board siding when it is installed properly. To validate the warranty, a reputable contractor following installation guidelines specific to the installation of fiber cement should install the building material. The warranty will ensure that the structure is protected from many decades. James Hardie offers contractors the ability to become a preferred installer through a rigorous siding installation and replacement training process.
The benefits of James Hardiplank in providing a long-lasting solution for the exterior of the building can only be achieved when hiring a reputable contractor. This is because the warranty is only validated when installed and finished in accordance to the written application instructions provided by the manufacturer. A reputable contractor, certified to install James Hardie products, will have performed hundreds of hours of ongoing training in addition to many on-site installations. Take the time necessary to locate an experienced contractor, certified to install the product.
James Hardie siding offers a solid solution for protecting the exterior of the home or commercial property for decades. With many styles and choices, the fiber cement board can create the ideal aesthetically pleasing exterior to meet any architect’s design.